I am now formally dipping my hand again in US politics and reacting to the shoe throwing incident in the unannounced visit of outgoing US President George W. Bush.
- This is a clear lapse of security on the part of US Secret Service.. these guys are paid and given all the tools in the world to protect the President but this is just clearly an incident where they did not act fast enough.
- People from all radio, TV stations mention that it's the most disrespectful thing to be done in Iraqi culture... to be thrown a shoe on the face... REAALLY NOW!... I mean what do you think other cultures would treat that?! Does it mean otherwise in the Philippines or elsewhere in the world? Talk about smart people reporting! (Batuhin kaya kita ng sapatos sa mukha!)
- The shoe was size 10... only an inch smaller than my shoes... anybody want to send me one for Christmas? Lolz...
- The guy shouted "Here is your goodbye kiss, dog!"... so its either he's gay or he's an animal lover.
- Bush said he didn't care because it's like any other protester... he's not afraid just because of a shoe. If it was a size 14-17 and was being thrown by Shaq then most probably he'll be Very Very Afraid!
- The journalist who threw his shoes at President George W. Bush was handed over to the Iraqi judiciary which signals the start of criminal proceedings. If this happened in the Philippines, police would normally say he was beaten up by the masses. (Binugbog ng taong bayan) Black and blue and no one will admit they touched him LOLZ.
- His employer, Al-Baghdadia television, reported that al-Zeidi had been "seriously injured" — presumably beaten by guards — and called on the government to allow lawyers and the Iraqi Red Crescent to visit him. Later, one of his brothers said on Al-Baghdadia that he had spoken by telephone with al-Zeidi and that he told him "thank God, I am in good health.".... like in the Philippines, this is what you call SENSATIONAL REPORTING! (you can call it DAGDAG BAWAS!)
- Until now, even if this all happened... nobody could help me coz I still couldn't breathe in the elevator when a middle eastern/bumbay/intsek fellow from Gym or the offices in the building uses it. I'm not racist but please let's try to at least take a bath correctly before we go out okay?! My asthma is getting worse!
- Bush was great... he can dodge shoes... *bow*