Siargao is like a hidden gem that is located in the southeast of the Philippines. It is at a distance of about 800 kilometers from Manila, the capital of the Philippines. Well, famous as the Surfing Capital of the Philippines, the island boasts of enchanting lagoons, bizarre rock formations, and mangrove forest reserves. Take one of those cheap flights to Siargao and explore the paradise with exotic white beaches, coral reefs, and fantastic wildlife.
There is a lot more to do in the surfing destination of the Philippines. Well, if you are not the really the surfing type, you could go for caving or island-hopping or simply explore the beauty of Siargao. The surfing capital of the Philippines is filled with natural gems, a cool nightlife and some great food options that everyone can enjoy. Book cheap flights right away for Siargao and embark on an experience of a lifetime.
Here are some of the best thing to do in Siargao.
• Go island hopping – It is a must to explore the three spectacular islands along the shores of Siargao, and these include Guyam Island, Daku Island and Naked Island. There are plenty of day tours to these islands, and one can look forward to a perfect trip under expert guides and enjoy some fantastic food.
• Enjoy the seafood – You will come across a different kind of fish and seafood at almost every other resort and restaurant here. The best part is that the seafood is very fresh and cheap as well. The cooks of most restaurants and resorts will prepare the fish for you or whatever you desire for a small cost. So, make the most of it.
• Rent a bike- The best way to enjoy and explore the natural landscapes and scenery of Siargao is on a bike. Just hop on your motorbike and let yourself loose within the island. Drive across to deserted beaches, amazing waterfalls, and those endless rice fields. You will discover local villages on the way and get the chance to meet the locals and interact with them.
• Swim in the Magkukob Cave- The locals and the tourists simply love Magkukob Cave because of the refreshing waters that are crystal clear. Get ready to experience the thrill of entering an enchanting cave which is surrounded by baby bats. Dive in those refreshing waters and swim to your heart’s content.
• Try out your rope swing skills - Swing at Maasin Secret River, and it is indeed one of the most picturesque places in Siargao. You can take the boat on the river or spend the morning swinging on the coconut tree that hangs over the water.
• Enjoy a relaxing day at Mamon Island – If you are looking for a spot away from the hustle and bustle of the crowded tourist spots, then head straight for the Mamon Island. The secluded island boasts of clear, blue waters and amazing coral formations. Enjoy swimming and snorkeling here or simply enjoy the peace and calm of the destination.
• Drive on the coconut roads – You must drive on the most scenic road on Siargao, and it lies along the coastline lined with white beaches and coconut trees. You can simply spend the day driving on the road, stop to talk to the locals and learn about their lives and culture.
• Visit Sugba Lagoon – One of the most popular places to visit in Siargao is the Sugba Lagoon. It is a playground for those who love kayaking, diving or stand-up paddle-boarding. The lagoon is surrounded by mountains and has a cliff-diving board from where one can jump into the clear waters.
I hope this starts your hunger to look for time to go to one of the nicest places to go to in the Philippines. I'm going there again this summer, see you there!