|Janine, Chynna and Reese|
I know there are a lot of people, probably including you who ridiculed Victor Magtanggol when this show was released by GMA. You have valid points, but think about it this way... they are making their own interpretation of Thor, and it’s not even Thor at all. You’ll know this as soon as you get to watch the first episode on Monday primetime on the Kapuso network.
I don’t want to spoil things, but here are 5 reasons why you should watch Victor Magtanggol:
1. He is not what you think his character is. Yes this has parts of it touching on Norse Mythology, but he’s not the Marvel’s Thor or anybody like it. They have their own relationship (their own story line)which will be divulged in the first episode so make sure you watch that first. I don’t want to burst your bubble and spoil things for you but think of this as a Filipino version of Thor, with more human elements and less of the gods you thought you’ll be seeing in this story. Though they have that too.
2. Alden is good looking. The last thing I’m not even understanding is how bashers would think he is silly for doing this, when they’re not even nice looking themselves. Believe me but for a lot of people, Alden just being there means they have to watch this. I felt convinced with the angle they took why he is out of the country. (Which again is another reason why you should watch this show)
3. The Ensemble Cast. They have John Estrada, Connie Reyes, Chynna Ortaleza, Janine Gutierrez, Reese Tuazon, Andre Paras, Eric Quizon, Freddie Webb, Maritoni Fernandez, Kristoffer Martin, Al Tantay, that Downy kid, Andrea Torres and a couple of foreign lads. If you are a fan of one or more of these people, then you should watch their interesting characters and how they breathe life to their roles.
4. I am an AlDub fanatic, but I felt totally okay to watch Alden be paired with someone else in this case. Both Alden and Maine deserve projects of their own so they could grow with their craft, this is after all their job. How I wish they would make a special appearance in one or more episodes, that would be a big hit.
5. You are not a god, so you don’t have to judge Victor Magtanggol just because it has similarities to the Thor movie. This is more of a comedy and drama filled movie, some action scenes but not centric or integral to their story. They are there but not to its entirety. It’s why you need to watch this.
If I made you think, go ahead and watch this show on GMA this Monday. These actors worked hard for their show, they do not deserve your foul mouths just because they have parts of it similar to the norse diety.
It’s an entirely different story.
There, I said it.
Fresh Blogs Fast!